The rising trend of consuming vegan food is not slowing down anytime soon. There is an extensive variety of plant-based products to include in your everyday diet pattern. Many people are already consuming vegan meat, healthy snacks, plant-based chicken, sausage patties, and other products.
The latest food to become the key vegan protein ingredient is plant-based eggs in India. For a long, eggs have been considered the natural, cost-effective, and easy-to-include source of vegan protein. Vegan eggs are the delectable choice of food ingredients to make healthy breakfast, snacks, sweets, and other varieties.
Despite the extensive usage of plant-based eggs in India, most people are still unaware of the same. Need not worry, we are here to provide the essential details.
What are plant-based eggs?
Vegan eggs are alternative sources of animal-derived eggs that are now extensively used by healthy eaters. Such eggs are commonly made up of flag or aquafaba to replace the original eggs and still provide high nutritional value.
The best thing about vegan eggs is the different varieties available as per the taste, requirement, and budget of people. You can lay hands on tofu-made vegan eggs that provide you with a high source of protein. On the other side, flaxseeds made from plant-based eggs are another cost-effective option for you.
What are the different types of vegan eggs?
1. Tofu: Silken tofus are a variety that provides you protein value of 6 grams per 100 grams value and includes nine essential amino acids inside. Best consumed in the scrambled form, tofu-made vegan eggs contain calcium, magnesium, and iron inside. You can simply make a scrambled tofu recipe by simply adding onion and garlic into the oil, adding the tofu, and cooking for a few minutes, and it’s ready.
2. Flax seeds: Flax eggs are popular choices of plant-based eggs that provide the required nutritional requirements containing protein and amino acids. It is made up of ground flaxseed and warm water and then grinds into a food processor to provide a thick paste-like texture. Include flax eggs in your daily vegan diet pattern not just to avail of natural protein along with Omega-3 fatty acids.
3. Aquafaba: It might be having an unusual name that sounds more like Aquaman, but aquafaba is a plant-based protein source. It is available in the liquid form which can be formed into a whipped cream-like texture and is best used in vegan cocktails.
4. Chia seeds: Another healthy variety of plant-based eggs to consume is made from chia seeds. For this, you need to combine one tablespoon of chia seeds with two and a half tablespoons of water. You can make the same easily at home with no such complication. Moreover, chia seeds made in vegan eggs are best to add to waffles and cookies and provide a good source of omega-3 fatty acids.
5. Apple Sauce: Most people are not aware of the fact that Apple is an ideal source of fiber and polyphenols which are good for a healthy gut and cardiovascular health. Simply add 1/2 cup of apple sauce as the naturally sweet source of plant-based egg to meet your dietary requirements. You can also add cinnamon and caramel into the apple sauce to bring further flavors out of the same.
Plant-based meat in India along with eggs and chicken has become a favorable choice of food items to meet cravings with ease. It is now simple to follow a plant-based diet pattern with several options available online and within your easy reach. Therefore, pick your vegan ingredients accordingly to stay healthy and energetic.