How to Choose an Electronic Signature Service Provider
Almost every business today requires signatures for a variety of tasks, from signing contracts to closing deals to authorizing payments. In the past, this meant using physical documents that had to be signed in person or sent through the mail, which was not only time-consuming but could also lead to lost or misplaced documents. Thanks to esignature, businesses can now complete tasks much more quickly and efficiently.
But with so many electronic signature service providers out there, how do you choose the right one for your business? Below, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about electronic signatures and how to choose a service provider that’s right for you.
What is an Electronic Signature?
A digital representation of a handwritten signature that may be used to sign papers electronically is known as an electronic signature, or “e-signature.” E-signatures are legally binding in most countries and offer a number of advantages over traditional signatures, including:
1. Quick and easy: With an electronic signature, there’s no need to print out documents, sign them in person, or scan and email them back. You can simply sign electronically with a few clicks.
2. Convenient: Electronic signatures can be completed from anywhere in the world as long as you have an internet connection.
3) Secure: Electronic signatures are encrypted and contain a unique identifier that helps ensure the document’s authenticity.
4) Cost-effective: Because they eliminate the need for paper documents and postage, electronic signatures can help businesses save money.
Choosing The Right Service Provider
Now that you know what electronic signature is and why they’re so beneficial, it’s time to choose a service provider. When making your decision, there are a few key factors you’ll want to keep in mind:
1) Ease of use: The last thing you want is a complicated system that’s difficult for your employees to use. Look for a provider that offers a simple interface and easy-to-follow instructions.
2) Security: As we mentioned above, security is crucial when it comes to electronic signatures. Make sure the provider you choose uses industry-leading security measures to protect your data.
3) Scalability: As your business grows, you’ll need a system that can grow with you. Look for a provider that offers different plans so you can scale up (or down) as needed.
How Does It Work?
Creating an electronic signature is quick and easy with most providers Here’s a general overview of how it works:
1) The sender creates an account with an electronic signature service provider.
2) The sender uploads the document they need to sign.
3) The sender selects who needs to sign the document and enters their email addresses.
4) The document is emailed to the signers.
5) The signers open the email, click on the link, and electronically sign the document.
6) Once all parties have signed, the document is automatically sent back to the sender.
Up until recently, requiring handwritten signatures meant tons of paper waste and days (if not weeks) of delays while documents were sent back and forth through the mail. But thanks to electronic signatures, those days are long gone! Now businesses of all sizes can sign documents electronically—quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.